Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sandwiches

I was hungry, so I went on a mission to discover the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. After the use of much butter and various sorts of cheese, I seem to have been successful, although it required the consumption of not one but two enormous sandwiches. And by sandwiches I mean calories with bread.
I am now no longer hungry.
You know, it wasn't so much a grilled cheese sandwich as a fried bread sandwich. "Grilled cheese" implies that I went outside and plunked some cheese on the grill. This was not the case. Instead, I stayed inside and plunked some bread in a pan with butter. I would suggest renaming the sandwich in question a "fried bread with melted cheese sandwich," but, let's face it, grilled cheese sounds much better and takes about a millionth as long to say.
Yesterday I had a pretty interesting sandwich for lunch, too. It was a yogurt and tuna on cinammon bread sandwich, courtesy of a good friend of mine. Before you go throw up, let me reassure you that it was actually pretty good. And it attracted her cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment