Friday, June 11, 2010

Comment vas-tu? Pas mal. Et toi?


The World Cup started today! Eeeek! I spent three hours watching soccer today. There'll be three more games tomorrow, but I don't think I'll watch the first one because that would require me to get up at five thirty in the morning. But still! World Cup!
The games today were South Africa v. Mexico (1:1) and France v. Uruguay (0:0). Which reminds me - French. Is. So. Difficult. And by difficult, I mean impossible-to-pronounce-and-full-of-silent-letters. Learning rudimentary French has been my latest project, and it is dead complicated. For instance, let's translate the word rubber. It becomes le caoutchouc. Pronounce that for me, would you? Or how about the phrase, Today is June 11, 2010. It's Aujourd'hui, c'est le 11 juin 2010. Hopeless.
Although everything does look and sound prettier in French, doesn't it? I watched a French film with a friend yesterday, and they swore quite a lot, and my goodness, it sounded lovely. I'm almost a bit tempted to begin saying s**t in French because it just sounds so nice.
Je ne comprends pas.

No comments:

Post a Comment