Thursday, June 10, 2010

Please Inform the Weather...

I love summer. This is largely because summer involves days that consist of 45% sleeping, 40% napping, and 15% doing nothing (I really hope that adds up to 100). But it's also because, in summer, it is no longer necessary to huddle three inches from the fireplace wearing so many layers that you resemble a human beach ball. In theory.
Let's take a look at the reality, shall we? I am sitting here in soccer shorts and a t-shirt and my toes are going to freeze off any second. Once I finish this post, I am going to go change. Outside, it's cloudy - wait, no, make that overcast - and I can only conclude that the sun's gone on its summer vacation without the rest of us. Because we're well into June and I still have to wear snowpants, apparently. What is wrong with this picture?
There's one thing I can't stand about summer, though. Mosquitoes. If you like mosquitoes, then there is something severely wrong with you. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes seem to have missed the memo that summer has decided not to show up, because they're here and they're hungry.
Well, someone go prod the clouds with a long pole and tell them to go away. And while you're at it, ask the sun to please please please come back from its vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment