Monday, October 18, 2010

Things on my desk

I have two options right now: 1) do my calculus homework, since it's still slightly too early to go to bed and I'm not doing anything productive whatsoever, including writing the essays for the college apps that are due in two weeks, or 2) waste time, which seems nice right now but will cause me all sorts of unneccessary stress, hard work, and loss of sleep in the future. Being the smart and well-organized person that I am, I will opt for choice number two.
So, without further ado, here is a list of some of the items on my terminally messy desk, just because I feel like writing one:
-A comic book. In French. Which is, may I add, I language that I don't speak.
-Some flowers that I was given at my cross country senior night
-An eraser that has the words "Don't Panic" written all over it, designed for particularly troublesome tests
-Italian mints in a fancy Italian tin labeled "Casa Fondata Leone nel 1857." Another language I don't speak.
-Pre-wrap. Blue. Lifesaving in many athletic situations.
-A blue pencil case with multicolored sheep printed all over it
-My wallet, which contains $14, some old receipts, my license, a debit card, an ATM card, and several assorted gift cards (most of which are probably expired or void of money)
-A thick novel in Spanish. Aha! A language I speak! ...Sort of.
-An unlabeled CD
-Another unlabeled CD
-A ticket to Rumors at my high school's theater. It was fantastic, by the way.
-My dad's library card
-My friend's old (Product)red iPod, which has a picture of Holger Badstuber stuck to the back
-Paintbrushes in a glass jar
-An alarm clock, which has to be kept away from my bed so that I'm forced to get up when it rings
-A yellow insect-repelling "Super Band" that was given to me by the same friend who gave me the iPod and the French comic book. She wanted to know if it works and figured that I, being a mosquito magnet, would be the prime candidate to test it out. I've yet to do so.
-Stacks of books and papers threatening to tumble down onto my head. Duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment