Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Brief and Aimless Overview

Helloooooo world! Remember me? No? Gosh darn. Make my life complicated, would you? I guess I have to re-introduce myself then. Sigh. So - my name is Johanna, I am neither five nor eighty-two years old, I am wearing a plaid shirt, and I don't speak French, Urdu, or English. There. You know everything there is to know about me. Happy now?
I came back from Europe about a week ago, which is my lame excuse for not having written since the beginning of July. While I was there, I went to Greece (where it was hot and sunny) and Germany (where it was cold and rainy).
A quick overview of the last month and a half: Greek food is delicious; Greek roads/drivers are insane; people will give you funny looks if you go to a festival and then stand in the corner pantomiming different types of sports; there's nothing like soccer and trampoline-jumping in the rain; the S-Bahn is better then the Metra; and if you jump to try to touch the ceiling, then not only will you fail but you will also injure your toe.
Oh, and the airport in Charlotte is all kinds of evil. Or at least, the Lufthansa counter is.

No comments:

Post a Comment