Monday, June 7, 2010

Hi


Okay. So. It's June now (or so they say; it's pretty chilly out and I'm not completely convinced). Done with ACTs, SATs, AP tests, finals, and all of that other nonsense. Next order of business: to start a blog.
I should mention that I dislike the word blog. It's such a sloppy-sounding word, like an unfortunate cross between blah and glog. The latter probably isn't actually a word, but I imagine that that's what it sounds like when someone either a) throws up, or b) wades through a thick, morassy swamp while wearing a pair of oversized galoshes.
Which is, by the way, a very entertaining word. Galoshes, I mean.
But I guess I'd better get over it, if I intend to write a blog.
Ick.
Anyways. This blog will be subject to my commentaries on words, people, events, music, food, ceiling fans, dandelions, and whatever else catches my interest.
Oh, and one other thing that's probably important. I've been challenged to write a novel within the next year. Although I've written a plethora of stories in a variety of genres, I've never actually written a book. So this might be difficult, and it may or may not work out. Just in case, I'll be blogging my progress. I need an idea first, though.
Let's hope I'm hit by a train of thought. (In case you were wondering, this is a term that was originally coined by a friend of mine. It's a bit like getting hit by a train... but not.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello there - I am following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me laugh! Thanks, I needed a bit of laughter to release the want-to-clean-the-house-but-can-never-finish-me-chores tensions...

    ReplyDelete